(520) 881-8740

As you seek help for your hearing difficulties, it is important to find the right type of doctor for your ear care. The profession of audiology began growing in the 1920s and now an ear doctor can come in many forms. Between hearing specialists; ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctors; and audiologists, many professionals can help get to the bottom of hearing-related troubles. 

An ENT doctor may be what you are looking for if you are experiencing pain and swelling in your ears. These doctors specialize in the problems with ear infections, sinuses, the larynx, and the structure of the face and neck. Even if hearing loss is related to an underlying condition that falls under the specialties of the ENT, you may still be referred to an audiologist or hearing specialist. 

Audiologists are licensed professionals who work specifically with hearing loss and balance disorders in children and adults. Typically, one is referred to an audiologist who may evaluate, diagnose, treat, and manage hearing-related disorders and impairments. These professionals have extensive schooling and training to provide comprehensive interventions. They will determine the degree and type of hearing loss that may be experienced.

Hearing specialists focus on different aspects of hearing and the treatment of hearing loss such as hearing aid fitting and testing. Hearing specialists may work closely with the audiologist to provide the best care possible for patients. 

When looking for an audiologist and audiology clinic:

  • See what services are offered.
  • Read patient testimonials.
  • Learn what other resources they provide.

Schedule a consultation.
Satisfaction in the relationship with your audiology clinic is very important for the successful treatment and management of hearing loss. That’s why the team at Sonora Hearing Care is here to improve your hearing. Schedule your appointment with us to get started on the journey of exceptional ear care today.